Russelltown Inn and Vacation Homes Public Statement
Dear Valued Guest:
During these uncertain times, and with concerns regarding travel top of mind for us all, I want to take the opportunity to address any questions you may have about your planned visit to the Russelltown Inn and Vacation Homes in Bonavista. This situation has been progressing, and we are responding as quickly and efficiently as possible. It’s undoubtedly been the worst predicament our industry has ever faced, and we are deeply aware of the impact it’s having on our valued clients, guests, and employees. Please know that our hearts are with you and your loved ones during these extremely stressful times.
At this point in time, the Russelltown Inn and Vacation Homes will not open for the season until July 1, 2020. We know that there are people in need of accommodations while they travel within the province and we want to continue to serve you as a home-away-from-home however, that means continuing to take proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
Note: If you are planning to stay with us at the Inn, please call in advance of your arrival to verify hours of operation and services available. You can reach us at 1-888-963-8282.
What we’re doing:
Please be assured that we take the health and safety of our guests and employees extremely seriously. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues, we have been closely monitoring the situation and we are following recommended guidelines set out by both the provincial and federal government agencies.
A few of the procedures we’ve implemented are:
- Increased cleaning schedules including ongoing sanitization of hands and hard surfaces after contact with each guest.
- High-touch areas are being disinfected continuously throughout the day.
- We are requesting that guests pay with credit or debit in lieu of cash whenever possible.
- We will maintain strict access to the Inn by the public
- Common areas at the Inn will be closed.
- Breakfast will not be served until further notice. A reduced rate for all suites at the Inn will automatically be applied when booking.
In regards to social distancing, we are taking every step possible to limit interactions between staff and guests, including:
- Guests will be required to maintain a distance of 2 meters (6.5 feet) from the hostess at check in and check out.
- This specific area and its various equipment will be sanitized after every guest interaction.
- Guests may be asked to stay in a different suite than originally booked. When possible we will space guests out in different floors or buildings.
Additional measures that will be taken include, but are not limited to, the following:
- For long stays, guestrooms will only be serviced upon request.
- Guests are welcome to request additional towels, amenities, and hygiene products at any time during their stay by contacting the hostesses.
- Check in and check out times may change as we may require extra cleaning time to ensure proper sanitization for your stay.
For our guests needing to cancel or postpone their travel plans, the Russelltown Inn and Vacation Homes are committed to being completely flexible with our cancellation terms. If you booked direct, please reach out to the inn to alter your travel plans. For reservations made through a third-party website, please reach out to them directly.
Thank you for your ongoing support and loyalty.
Chief Operations Officer
Russelltown Inn and Vacation Homes